Steven Purdy, CPA, ABV, CVA works predominantly with attorneys in bringing clarity to complex financial disputes regarding business valuation, forensic accounting, asset tracing, taxation, lost profits and other commercial damages. Steven strives to work with attorneys in efficiently resolving client disputes whenever reasonably possible, yet is ready to prepare for deposition or trial when necessary.
With 15+ years of experience in public accounting, Steven also works with individuals and businesses to provide accounting, tax and consulting services. He regularly works with business owners in filing business valuation reports that are constructed to withstand the utmost pressures of IRS audits and cross-examination. When appropriate, Steven finds passion in helping business owners with strategic planning in the role of an outsourced CFO.
In his free time, Steven serves as an executive board member of Hearts & Homes for Youth, a nonprofit organization that is focused on empowering at-risk youth that have been subjected to unfortunate circumstances.
- Bachelor of business administration degree in accounting, James Madison University - College of Business (2004)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Accreditation in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- American Institute of CPAs
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
More Fun Facts
- Steven enjoys taking his family out for dinner, music and other entertainment on the weekend.