Ernie Paszkiewicz, CPA, is director of the firm’s Nonprofit Group. He is also a member of Gross Mendelsohn’s Manufacturing & Distribution Group. In addition to providing financial statement audit, tax and consulting services, Ernie conducts employee benefit plan audits for businesses and nonprofit organizations, including private schools.
Clients and coworkers know Ernie as someone who is happy to share his knowledge, time and passion for helping businesses become more successful. While CPAs have to maintain independence, Ernie finds being a trusted advisor for clients one of the most enjoyable aspects of being a CPA. Helping a small business become a larger, more successful organization is extremely fulfilling to Ernie, who gets a sense of satisfaction from helping clients solve problems.
Ernie’s coworkers also enjoy Ernie’s sharing spirit in the way of candy … he faithfully maintains a large stock of candy and other fun items in his office. Gross Mendelsohn’s staff members know they can always find a sweet treat and a friendly smile in Ernie’s office.
Ernie enjoys sharing his expertise with the business community, speaking for local organizations and writing for publications.
No stranger to community service, Ernie gives his time to many organizations. He serves on Towson University’s accounting advisory board as well as the board of his alma mater, Archbishop Curley High School. He is also a past board member of the Community Law Center and is a past chairman of the Harford County Chamber of Commerce. He has provided pro bono accounting assistance to various nonprofit organizations over the years.
Ernie was named Towson University’s accounting department alumnus of the year in 1995.
- Bachelor of science degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting, Towson University (1979)
- American Institute of CPAs
- BKR International
- Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Governmental Audit Quality Center
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- Maryland Nonprofits
- Regional Manufacturing Institute
More Fun Facts
- Ernie worked for Friendly’s Ice Cream in college. He liked it so much he almost went into Friendly’s management training program instead of going into public accounting … and it paid more than public accounting in 1979.
- Ernie started riding Harley Davidson motorcycles for relaxation instead of playing golf like other accountants.