Charles Monroe, CPA, EA, is a principal in the firm’s tax department. He works with small businesses and their owners to expand their net worth and minimize tax liabilities. As an Enrolled Agent, Charles is licensed directly by the U.S. Treasury Department to represent taxpayers before the IRS.
Clients know they can count on Charles to help them find the best tax solutions for both their individual and business tax needs. He enjoys doing his research, especially when he is able to discover new opportunities to save his clients money.
Charles serves as the assistant treasurer at the Church of the Epiphany Anglican. He also serves as a volunteer for Hot Meals Ministry, serving hot meals to the homeless.
- Bachelor of arts degree in economics, University of Pennsylvania (1984)
- Master’s degree in taxation, Southeastern University (2001)
More Fun Facts
- American Council of Engineering Companies / Maryland
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
- Virginia Society of CPAs
- Charles and his wife attribute the success of their marriage to the informal prenuptial agreement they set when the last of their five children was born: whoever asked for a divorce had to take all five children with them. Needless to say, they’ve been happily married for over 30 years!
- Of his five children, three are school teachers in Virginia, one is a third-year veterinarian student studying in Grenada and one works in the automotive industry.