Mark Vogel, CPA/ABV/CFF, CMA, CVA, provides business valuation, litigation support and forensic accounting services. His experience includes mergers and acquisitions, multi-million dollar contract negotiations support and due diligence work, as well as providing accounting, tax and consulting services to individuals and businesses.
Mark has performed valuation studies in support of gifting, business interruption, divorce, estate planning, partner / shareholder disputes, ESOPs, stock option plans, and mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to being a CPA, Mark is Accredited in Business Valuation and Certified in Financial Forensics, a Certified Management Accountant, and a Certified Valuation Analyst.
Mark leads the firm's divorce seminar series for family law attorneys. He frequently shares his business valuation and forensic accounting expertise during speaking engagements for legal and trade associations. He also taught at the CPA School of Washington.
Mark serves on the executive board of The Nature Generation, a nonprofit organization. He has been recognized by Virginia Business and the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants as a "Super CPA" for ten consecutive years and as a “SmartCPA” by Washington SmartCEO Magazine.
- Bachelor of science degree in civil engineering, University of Maryland (1979)
- Master’s degree in business administration, University of Kansas (1982)
- American Institute of CPAs
- Institute of Management Accountants
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Virginia Society of CPAs
More Fun Facts
- Mark grew up in many overseas countries, including Thailand, Pakistan, Peru, Columbia, Brazil and Greece. He was born in Bordeaux but is NOT a wine connoisseur.
- Mark once played Galaga for two hours (on one quarter!) during a break between classes in college. He actually missed his next class because he didn’t want to give up!