Linda Pietras is Gross Mendelsohn’s director of human resources. She oversees all career development, employee relations, staff retention and recruiting initiatives at the firm.
Staff members know Linda as someone who will help them with benefits questions, conflict resolution and career development and training issues. She oversees the firm’s performance evaluation program, maintains Gross Mendelsohn’s staff manual of policies and procedures, coordinates and administers the firm’s benefits programs, handles all human resources-related compliance and legal issues, and supports the partner group with special projects.
Linda admits that an appealing aspect of her job is coming to work without knowing exactly what kind of challenge she’ll face on a particular day. A large part of Linda’s job involves interacting with the firm’s partners and employees, as well as job candidates; she enjoys gaining a new perspective on people—and what makes them tick—every day. The bottom line? Linda is passionate about helping Gross Mendelsohn’s people succeed.
- Master’s degree in management and marketing, Johns Hopkins University (1990)
- Bachelor of science degree in personnel and labor relations, University of Maryland (1982)
- BKR International
- Chesapeake Human Resources Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
More Fun Facts
- As a child Linda had her own horses and competed in three phase and hunter shows.
- Linda loves the beach and collecting sea glass. She especially enjoys traveling in the Caribbean. Her favorite islands are Jost Van Dyke, BVI, St. John and St. Thomas.