Len Rus, CPA, a tax partner at the firm, specializes in providing tax planning and preparation services, as well as business consulting, to privately-held businesses and high net worth individuals, many of whom are business owners and investors in the real estate sector.
Clients know Len as a fierce advocate for their best interests, often seeking his input before making decisions about their business. Len takes pride in his ability to stand up to the IRS on behalf of clients – and winning. In fact, Len has never been on the losing side of an IRS audit in his 30+ year career.
Len stays abreast of the latest tax laws and issues — and more importantly, how they impact clients — by being highly involved in various associations. For example, he is a member of the Maryland Association of CPAs’ state tax committee and a member of the Baltimore Estate Planning Council.
Staying up-to-speed on the latest tax and accounting issues is an important ingredient to Len’s track record in helping clients succeed, but he also knows the importance of sharing his knowledge with staff members. One of Len’s passions at the firm is guiding staff members on how to succeed, both inside and outside the office.
Community service is important to Len. He serves as the treasurer of Beth Israel Congregation. He is also a member of Loyola’s John Early Society, generations of alumni, faculty, administrators and staff who work to ensure Loyola’s continued advancement and reputation for the very best in education.
- Master’s degree in taxation, University of Baltimore (1991)
- Bachelor of arts degree in accounting, Loyola University Maryland (1986)
- American Institute of CPAs
- Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- BKR International
- Maryland Association of CPAs
More Fun Facts
- Len has coached his kids in soccer and basketball and offers this advice: “You know it’s time to quit when your 12-year-old beats you in basketball without breaking a sweat and you are calling for a defibrillator.”
- Len believes one can never be too passionate about rooting for the Ravens and Terps.