With 40+ years of public accounting experience, David Goldner, CPA, CFP®, CVA, works with high net worth families, individuals and business owners.
Making decisions about taxes, investments and estate structures can be hard, especially when family politics, financial goals and philanthropy come into play. David works with his clients to show them a comprehensive view of their financial situation to help them make informed decisions.
Tax, investment, estate and financial planning are just a few of the services David provides to his clients. David also provides business valuation services for estate, litigation and succession planning purposes, and is experienced in handling business acquisitions and sales, and working with those in the real estate industry.
As managing partner, David challenges his partners and staff to deliver a level of service that goes far beyond what clients typically expect to receive from their CPA firm. His personal goal is to foster a culture within the firm that leaves each client – after every interaction with the firm – saying, “I am so glad Gross Mendelsohn is my CPA and advisory firm.”
David's responsibilities as managing partner include overseeing the firm's long-term strategic plan and spearheading the firm’s leadership group. He played a key role in launching the firm's women's initiative.
Community service is important to David. Every year, he leads Gross Mendelsohn’s staff in supporting several large-scale community service events at local nonprofit organizations. David serves on the board of directors of Sinai Hospital and the investment committee of Associated Jewish Charities.
- Master’s degree in taxation, University of Baltimore (1983)
- Bachelor of science degree in accounting, University of Maryland (1979)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Valuation Analyst
- American Institute of CPAs
- Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- BKR International
- Financial Planning Association
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
More Fun Facts
- The most exciting vacation David has been on included an African safari where he got up close and personal with an elephant herd and family of cheetahs.
- On weekends, you can find David golfing, playing with the grandkids and taking long walks on the beach.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. (CFP Board) owns the certification marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, CFP®, and CFP® in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.