Kirstine Fors, CPA/ABV, CVA, specializes in providing business valuation, forensic accounting, litigation support and tax services. Having worked with various businesses throughout her career, Kirstine finds specializing in valuations interesting and rewarding. She enjoys learning about different types of businesses and the factors that make them unique and successful.
Kirstine works with attorneys and business owners who need business valuations for a variety of reasons, such as marital dissolution, shareholder disputes, estate tax and gifting, succession planning and financial reporting.
She also performs litigation support services for fraud investigations and marital dissolutions, providing services such as asset tracing, advising on the classification and division of marital assets and calculating income for support purposes. She has served as an expert witness in both trials and depositions.
Kirstine feels most satisfied when she knows she has helped her clients by providing information when they need it most and can make well informed decisions on that data.
With over 25 years of experience, 14 of which have been spent in public accounting, Kirstine can see the big picture and quickly identify those factors that contribute to the value of a business—which her clients respect and appreciate.
She is active in several professional organizations, serving on the Virginia Society of CPAs’ annual business valuation, fraud and litigation services conference task force and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ National Accreditation Commission.
- Bachelor of science, business administration, with a concentration in accounting, California State University, San Bernardino (1998)
- American Institute of CPAs
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Virginia Society of CPAs
More Fun Facts
- If Kirstine could snap her fingers and become an expert at something, she’d be fluent in multiple languages.
- If Kirstine could travel back in time, she would go back to the 80’s when people used to make phone calls instead of sending texts. She also thinks the music was much better back then.