More About Jim
Jim Kern, CPA, CFE, CVA, is a member of the firm’s Forensic, Valuation & Litigation Support Group. He specializes in fraud and embezzlement investigations, business interruption loss evaluations, insurance claims, evaluation of accountants’ malpractice, and calculations of the value of stolen or destroyed cash and inventory.
Enjoying the challenge of testifying as an expert witness, Jim knows how to pore through thousands of pages of documents to find the key evidence in a case and is always prepared to defend his position during cross examination.
Likewise, Jim enjoys the puzzle-like aspects of fraud investigation. Jim helps clients determine how a fraud was committed in their business – and how the perpetrator concealed the fraud – by piecing together past actions. He also advises clients on best practices that help deter fraud and unethical actions in the workplace.
In addition to being a CPA, Jim earned the designation of Certified Fraud Examiner from the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners. He is also Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of CPAs.
- Bachelor of science degree in business administration with a concentration in accounting, Towson University (1981)
- American Institute of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- BKR International
- Mariners of the Bay
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- National Capital Pond of the Honorable Order of the Blue Goose, International
- Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
Just For Fun
- Jim loves to golf and he also loves the beach, but he tries not to combine the two because hitting golf balls out of the sand is no fun.