Jennifer Rock, CPA, CITP, is director of the firm’s Healthcare Group and co-director of the Nonprofit Group. She performs audits, compilations, and reviews for all kinds of nonprofits and health and welfare organizations.
She publishes an annual benchmark report for skilled nursing facilities. Jennifer presents the findings of the study each year to members of a long term care trade association.
Jennifer finds working with nonprofit organizations especially rewarding because she feels like she is helping them accomplish their mission by providing them with high quality work.
Jennifer serves on the audit and finance committee for Special Olympics Maryland and is also treasurer for Pets on Wheels. Jennifer has also served on the board of directors and finance committee of the National Alliance of Mental Illness’s Baltimore affiliate and as treasurer of United Efforts, Inc.
She is a graduate of the BKR Leadership Institute program. This four-part invite-only program is for next-level leaders of accounting firms across the United States and internationally.
When Jennifer graduated from Stevenson University with a master’s degree in forensic studies / accounting, she earned the Orsia F. Young Leadership Award, an award given to a graduating student who performs in an outstanding manner as a leader in the university community, initiates action, motivates others to do so, and serves as an agent for positive change in the university.
- Bachelor’s degree in business information systems with a concentration in accounting, Stevenson University (2000)
- Master’s degree in forensic studies / accounting, Stevenson University (2011)
- American Institute of CPAs
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- Maryland Nonprofits
More Fun Facts
- Jennifer has had Lasik surgery three times but still has to wear glasses on a daily basis.
- She once lived with 12 St. Bernard puppies and their parents for eight weeks.
- Jennifer is married to a chef but she still does all the cooking at home.