Mark Reynolds, CPA, CFE, CFF, provides litigation support services. He has rendered hundreds of expert opinions on matters involving damage calculations, loss of business income, insurance claims, fraud and embezzlement, accuracy of financial statements and tax returns, missing cash, inventory and other assets, bankruptcy and divorce.
He has qualified and testified as an expert in dozens of cases in various federal and local jurisdictions. Mark has earned a reputation among attorneys for presenting information in a clear and concise manner easily understood by judges and juries.
Attorneys have called on Mark for help with accountants' malpractice cases, where he reviews audited financial statements and audit workpapers to evaluate accountants’ compliance with professional standards. Likewise, he reviews tax returns to evaluate their compliance with tax law. Mark also reviews business and tax records to identify assets and transactions not disclosed in bankruptcy filings.
Mark loves to unravel an accounting mystery and recreate the true story, which is often very different from what people expect. After working as a forensic accountant for decades, he’s seen it all and is never surprised by what some people will do to steal money.
In addition to being a CPA, Mark is a Certified Fraud Examiner. He is also Certified in Financial Forensics by the American Institute of CPAs.
- Bachelor of arts degree in accounting, Loyola University Maryland (1970)
- American Institute of CPAs
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- BKR International
- Loss Executives Association
- Maryland Association of CPAs
- Pennsylvania Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
More Fun Facts
- Mark took a long vacation and visited places he learned about in grade school and could only dream about. His stops included Athens, Jerusalem, Istanbul, London and the pyramids in Egypt. Mark describes it as “a trip of a lifetime.”