As Gross Mendelsohn’s director of practice development, Debby Spear helps connect prospective clients with CPAs and advisors they can rely on for solid business advice.
When business owners know they need better financial advice but don’t know where to turn, Debby can help. She builds relationships with both clients and prospective clients to first understand their business, then formulate ways to help.
Debby has extensive experience in business development in many industries, including healthcare, nonprofit, government contracting and construction. She particularly enjoys working in the financial industry because of the many kinds of businesses she can help. Debby loves meeting people and making new friends, and that’s just what she does at Gross Mendelsohn. She especially likes building relationships through local trade associations as well as the Center Club, where she participates on the ambassador committee.
- Bachelor of art degree in political science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County (1984)
- BKR International
- Government Contractor Training and Education Consortium (GC-TEC)
- Howard Tech Council
- LifeSpan Network
- Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Maryland Construction Network
- Maryland Nonprofits
- Regional Manufacturing Institute
More Fun Facts
- Debby dressed up as a princess for ten consecutive Halloweens.
- Debby backpacked through Europe for a summer and did so much walking that she came home on crutches with a broken foot.