Fairfax, VA | Baltimore, MD
If you are a career minded senior or supervisor, we have opportunities within our audit and accounting departments in our Baltimore and Virginia offices. We are seeking experienced seniors or supervisors to perform and serve as in-charge of audits, reviews and compilations for nonprofits, government contractors, manufacturers, long term care providers (nursing homes, assisted living facilities and continuing care retirement communities), construction contractors and professional service firms. The successful candidate will also prepare corresponding tax returns.
Managing engagements, training staff, and supervising staff are other key functions of the job. Must be willing to travel around the DMV to client sites. Occasional overnight travel out of town may be required.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- 4 - 6 years of audit and accounting experience with a public accounting (CPA) firm, preferably in the following areas:
- Nonprofits, including Single Audits
- Employee benefit plans
- Government Contractors
- Tax return preparation experience including 990, corporate, partnerships and individuals (a plus)
- CPA certification
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills:
- Microsoft Excel
- CCH ProSystems Engagement (a plus)
- CCH ProSystems FX or Access (a plus)
- Independent self-starter able to work independently as well as with a team
- Strong work ethic
- Willing to provide excellent client service
- Ability and willingness to train and supervise staff
- Must be willing to travel primarily in the DMV, including some overnight stays out of town.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to Careers@gma-cpa.com for consideration.